Wednesday 20 February 2008

Minor update

Sadly enough it has been at least a month since I made my last online flight. I have been able to do some test flights offline but real life commitments have precluded engaging on my favourite hobby.

In the mean time several advancements have been made. I have added some extra aircraft to my fleet. Bought the Abacus/Easy Computing "Fly the Airbus Fleet" which turned out to be a crappy product. Added an extra gigabyte of memory to my PC so now I have 2GB memory and FSX performs better (8-12 frames/second).

I also bought the Saitek throttle to accompany my CH Products pedals and yoke and I love it! I can finally fly 2-3 engine aircraft with independent engine control. So far I have used it with 2 engine aircraft to have the two throttles and practice engine out procedures. The third lever I use for the flaps which is kind of useful.

I hope to buy some payware aircraft, which one I do not know as I have not yet committed myself to FX due to performance problems. I am also considering buying some stuff to start building my B767 cockpit. I think I will begin with either the radio stack or the MCP.

No comments: