Saturday 10 October 2009

New Flight Sim PC for FSX

Unfortunately the back problem has ruined my flight school and flight sim plans for this year. Good news were that I am the proud owner of a new PC carefully built to specifications suited for flight simulation with FSX:
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 920 at 2.67 GHz
  • OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bits (upgraded from Vista Home Premium 64-bits)
  • DRAM: 6GB
  • PSU: Cooler Master M620 modular power supply (620 Watts)
  • Fans: two case fans plus video card fan and CPU fan
  • Disk: two 1 TB hard disks (Western Digital Caviar) one main, one backup. Plus eSATA 750GB disk for flight simulation stuff.
  • Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio
  • 10x USB ports, need plenty of those for flight simulation hardware
  • nVidia GTX285 video card with 1GB dedicated video ram (last one available in NL!)
To this base PC which replaces my old Pentium IV 3.0GHz system that was too slow for pleasant FSX simulation I have also this:
  • Go Flight MCP Pro
  • Go Flight EFIS
  • CH Products Flight Sim Yoke USB
  • CH Products Pro Pedals USB
  • Saitek Throttle Quadrant
I have also recently bought the Wilco Embraer Legacy for FSX which I have not had the chance to install or even fly. I have however already installed both FS9 and FSX and some add-ons.

No comments: