Tuesday 26 January 2010

Waiting to fly the Dash 8-Q400

Although I am now abroad again and away from my flight simulation (and workhorse) PC I can say that prior to my trip I found a freeware Dash 8-Q400 for FSX, or at least adapted to FSX I will review it later on.

For now I can say I made a repaint of it in the Air Panama colours (they actually fly a Q300 model) and will be using it for some flights in the Panamanian virtual skies for a possible magazine article.

I really miss my flight simulation PC. I have also been doing some scenery design for FSX to improve some default airports and add some interesting and challenging airstrips that have not been included in any flight simulator version. I have had to do a lot of self-research and work with satellite images to get the information because the Panamanian Civil Aviation Organization just don´t have this info online. To make it worse I am yet to find ANY Panamanian that has been either willing to help providing the information or come through with the promise of delivering it.

No comments: