Wednesday 24 June 2020

Grounded!

I am alive my dear readers! It has been a long time but I must say that I am still very passionate about flight simulation and virtual aviation! Unfortunately, there has been no activity on this blog for quite some time because my main simulation PC passed to a worse life already like a year and a half (if not two!) ago!

Yes, it was a sad departure but down here in the 3rd World, the foreign electrical supply companies (this one is a Spanish company operating in Panama) do what they like to do without taking responsability for the quality of their service. By means of comparison, when I lived in Europe the electrical supply went out only 2 or 3 times in 20 years! but down here it happens just too often. 

Several years ago one of these Electrical Supply glitches caused a catastrophic failure to my simulation PC, damaging the motherboard, the expensive video card, the memory and the external regulated supply. It costed me hundreds of dollars to replace, they didn't pay a dime for the damage they caused to my equipment.

A few years ago it happened for the 2nd time, the whole computer damaged. Since then I have not been able to replace it and only have a laptop which has not sufficient performance for FSX. So, until better times!

No comments: